Thursday, June 21, 2012


NASHVILLE GREETINGS
Happy Friday, everyone.  Okay, I'm not writing as often as I thought I would.  Hoping you are all enjoying the journey in your whirlwind lives.  I do recommend hopping on Facebook if you haven’t already as it is a great way to easily stay connected and interact more frequently. I like Facebook not only for sharing our lives, but also for sharing spiritual ideas, political opinions, causes, and whatever else you want to put out over the airwaves .  So, if we are not already friends, please join and request Osha Ray Bement become your friend.
I reached the age of 65 in March, and I do say I have started thinking a bit differently.  I don’t even feel that I need a bucket list.  I have traveled to many countries, walked on fire, scuba and sky dived, hiked, explored,  experienced Native American Sweat Lodges, Channeling, Chanting, opened my heart, became a wife (several times) had children, grandchildren,  lived my life fully and basically have taken the road less traveled. Yes, there are still places I want to visit and things I want to do, but I am feeling I want to continue to help in whatever way I can to assist in the awakening of myself and the planet.  Most of my life I have been very Yogic and in the last decade have become more political. Many say they are not interested in politics, and in order to be aware of why we are in challenging times, we must be informed and have the facts so as not to be swayed by rhetoric. 

There are so many areas in which we need to become involved, and I think they are all important. I decided to start with global warming.


So, what is global warming and what's the problem anyway?

The science is clear: global warming is happening faster than ever and humans are responsible. Global warming is caused by releasing what are called greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. The most common greenhouse gas is carbon dioxide. Many of the activities we do every day like turn the lights on, cook food, or heat or cool our homes rely on the combustion of fossil fuels like coal and oil, which emit carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping gases when burned. This is a major problem because global warming destabilizes the delicate balance that makes life on this planet possible. Just a few degrees in temperature can completely change the world as we know it, and threaten the lives of millions of people around the world. But don't give up hope! You can help stop global warming by taking action here at 350.org.

And what does this 350 number even mean?
350 is the number that leading scientists say is the safe upper limit for carbon dioxide—measured in "Parts Per Million" in our atmosphere. 350 PPM—it's the number humanity needs to get back to as soon as possible to avoid runaway climate change.

We can create a grassroots movement connected by the web all over the world. We will focus on the systemic barriers to climate solutions, changing political dynamics whenever possible. At the same time, we'll get to work implementing real climate solutions in our communities, demonstrating the benefits of moving to a clean energy economy.
If this global movement succeeds, we can get the world on track to get back to 350 and back to climate safety. It won't be easy, that's why we need all the help we can get.

It means building solar arrays instead of coal plants, it means planting trees instead of clear-cutting rainforests, it means increasing efficiency and decreasing our waste. Getting to 350 means developing a thousand different solutions—all of which will become much easier if we have a global treaty grounded in the latest science and built around the principles of equity and justice. To get this kind of treaty, we need a movement of people who care enough about our shared global future to get involved and make their voices heard. www.350.org  

A fun to watch documentary with lots of solutions is Fuel. You can rent it from Netflix.
 There are so many great documentaries out now, and I think a wonderful way to become informed and share the information is to watch them and have viewing parties. This creates community and grass root movements. The most recent doc. I saw is Thrive.  I strongly urge you to watch it and share it with others.  This one is a "must see," in my opinion. It was produced in order to help us awaken. www.thrive.com  You can either order the dvd or watch on line for free.



I am so very grateful that all is wonderful. I am married to the love of my life, I live in a beautiful home with a deer preserve as my backyard, my family and I are happy and healthy. There is never a dull moment with my hubby, Jim.  If we are not hanging out at a coffee house, we are sailing,  walking, watching movies, reading, laughing, going to some local event or visiting friends. Of course, I must not forget to mention that one of Jim's most favorite things to do is to perform. Last Saturday was such a beautiful night so we headed over to Centennial Park. He sang and played the accordion as one guy sang along, another guy lept about, two women danced with each other while fireflies lit up the night. It was pure magic.

In addition to joining many "Meetups"  in order to meet people in my new city, I also went to a Bha'i service. 
To be a Bahá'í simply means to love all the world; to love humanity and try to serve it; to work for universal peace and universal brotherhood. ~ Abdu'l-Bahá
The fundamental purpose animating the Faith of God and His Religion is to safeguard the interests and promote the unity of the human race, and to foster the spirit of love and fellowship amongst men. ~ Bahá'u'llah

Aram & me.

Many people introduced themselves.  Before I left I had two invitations to come to homes for dinner and fellowship. I started coming regularly to Aram's home as I enjoy the friendship and community of peaceful, spiritual, friendly people.
I
 I became interested in spiritual concepts and philosophy 40 years ago.  I am happy “The Secret” was a big hit because more people became aware of how important our thoughts and emotions are in order to manifest and co-create. It is a lot more complex than explained in the movie and the teachings of The Course in Miracles, and the writing of Eckhart Tolle in books such as A New Earth and others are of great help with our deeper understanding. I googled Nashville "A Course In Miracles," and found a group that meets at Unity Church. I find that going to weekly meetings help me with just about all aspects of my life.



Here is Sasha on our deck. I must mention how much we love our new rescued adopted cat who we named, Sasha. Lots of great dogs and cats available. Wishing all the animals needing homes find loving families to adopt them.
Everyone can always use a bit more love in their life, so I am going to start teaching Loving Yourself Yoga classes  which will incorporate healing modalities in addition with the asanas so as to experience higher frequencies of love, harmony, peace and joy. 
Check out my You Can Do It Yoga DVD. www.yogawithosharay.com Enter a sacred space of  beautiful music, nature, and nurturing. You will be guided to surrender into acceptance of yourself in the moment. You can order it from the website or from me.
I love hearing from you so please write a comment by just clicking on “comments,” then write in the space provided. Thank you.

Wishing you much love and many magical moments,
Osha




3 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you Osha and thanks for all of the uplifting thoughts and great documentary recommendations! Peace, love and happiness to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, Osha, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am receiving a bounty of emails and so happy to hear from all of you who have written and those who will be writing. Not many comment on blog, and that's okay. It is one way to share with all if you desire. Getting so many responses is inspiring me to write more often. Thank you, thank you. Thank You. Osha xoxxo

    ReplyDelete