Friday, June 4, 2010

BE BRAVE, BE BOLD!


Happy Friday, everyone. Can it be true? It seems I was just sitting down to write this yesterday, and a whole week has passed already. It is true. Time is speeding up. Okay, let’s roll up our sleeves, there’s lots to do. Last week I wrote about what we can do to help. A few people mentioned that I didn’t include the horrific oil spill. Well, that is true. I was pretty sure everyone knew about it.I think it is evident that we all need to have our voices heard in whatever way you want to participate in that we are not going to stand for any more "Drill Baby Drill." It is imperative we have Renewable Energy: Sun, Wind, Geothermal, and water. Be bold and speak up.


B.P. in Gulf of Mexico
 I did mention a heck of a lot of websites, books, movies and radio programs that can be podcast for your convenience. If you didn’t have a chance to read last Friday’s blog, you can just scroll down and find the resources I listed. As I mentioned, this is a condensed version and I have a document that lists many more which are available to you upon request. I made a point of listing these so we have the information we need to get involved. I know we are all super busy, and even if we don’t actively do anything, at least we will be informed to the extent we can respond to family, friends, or acquaintances, whether we are in conversations or receiving emails when we know that the truth is not being expressed. We need to be bold, and speak out. In perfect timing for writing my blog, I received an email from a friend of mine yesterday. Here is only one line of the “forward” in her email- "First, to destroy America, turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country." It went on and on, and was one of the most racist articles I have read. I couldn’t believe my spiritual friend sent me that. She asked what I thought of that article. I told her what I thought, and also added what is really going on in America which is destroying our great country. In a simplistic explanation, it is unregulated, predatory capitalism, and not bilingual or multi-lingual people. I learned it was her Conservative, Republican brother who sent her that email. She told me she likes to ask my opinion so she can respond to him. Now, I finally know why she has been sending those types of emails to me. If we don’t have time to read books, many can be purchased in audio book format so you can listen as you are multi-tasking. (See my list of books) One radio program you can count on to learn the truth is on www.democracynow.org You can easily become aware and informed.



The title of this blog is Be Brave, Be Bold. I am going to do that now. I actually didn’t become aware of the illegal Occupation of the Gaza Strip until I started dating Jim. I know most Americans don’t know, and I decided to share this information since what has happened just a few days ago. I copied one of the articles which is below for your convenience. The "Occupation" is one of the worst things going on for decades now and U.S. is complicit.


To find out more - Google: Noam Chomsky - Palestine Israel Occupation 101. There is a video on you tube. It is great that people from all over the world are becoming aware of the atrocities that are taking place and becoming involved. Awareness is the first step to change.

Gaza Freedom Flotilla
May 31st, 2010
In an international act of piracy and murder in international waters, the Israeli navy intercepted, boarded, and opened fire on humanitarian activists on a flotilla of ships attempting to deliver humanitarian supplies to the Israeli-blockaded Palestinian Gaza Strip.

According to news reports, Israeli commandos killed as many as 19 humanitarian activists on board one ship, and have abducted all 700 passengers on board the six boats composing the flotilla who are in the process of being sent against their will to Israel for arrest and/or deportation.

The reaction of the Obama Administration to Israel's attack on the humanitarian aid flotilla, which included U.S. citizens, has been tepid. A White House spokesperson stated that he "deeply regrets the loss of life and injuries sustained."
Of course, this statement completely ignores U.S. complicity in arming Israel and enabling its human rights abuses. In July 2008, the United States signed a contract worth $1.9 billion to transfer the latest-generation of naval combat vessels to Israel at U.S. taxpayer expense. Currently, Congress is in the process of appropriating a record $3.2 billion in military aid to Israel this budget year.
Think what we could do with $3.2 billion in our own country!


Bottom line, what is important is that we live together in peace on a vibrant, alive planet. Together we can dream a new world into being with our prayers, visualizations and meditations. We live in a time of great challenge and change. Many are estranged from their spiritual connections to earth and each other. Deep within our souls there is a passion for peace and justice. We need to honor the wisdom of indigenous cultures and our own ancestors so we can shift to a new era of awakened consciousness.

I love receiving your emails with your comments, and if you would like to have everyone who reads my blogs see your comments, just click “Comments.”


If you are enjoying reading my blogs, please "follow" me and write comments or email me, and forward to friends. Thank you. Wishing you much love and many magical moments. Hey check out my Yoga DVD. It is an easy to follow Yoga program with inspirational messages of self-love. http://www.youcandoityoga.com/

4 comments:

  1. Please Be Brave and bold and post a comment. My prayer is that we become awakened and enlightened to truly understand "We Are One." What affects one, affects us all. Many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't even need to try, WE ARE ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bottom line Osha - you're absolutely right! I think we are at the beginning of an awakening period. Although sometimes I feel we take one step forward and two steps backwards.

    I'm on my way to protest against Carpinteria California's measure J. An initiative that a local oil company got on the June 8th ballot trying to subvert the proper environmental oversight and approval process and go straight to drilling for oil right next to residential streets and the ocean seal preserve in Carpinteria. http://citizensagainstparedon.org/

    The voice of the people can be loud, it just needs to be organized.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are one and we might as well be happy. It's a choice. Loved what you had to say as usual. Love to you Osha.

    ReplyDelete